- RSS Channel Showcase 6855030
- RSS Channel Showcase 6717542
- RSS Channel Showcase 3373872
- RSS Channel Showcase 8152610
Articles on this Page
- 08/27/17--20:27: _Does Powerwall + so...
- 08/29/17--09:37: _More questions abou...
- 10/29/17--21:08: _Check out Tesla’s s...
- 11/03/17--11:23: _Custom plates, bump...
- 11/21/17--13:09: _Colorado Buddhists ...
- 12/11/17--13:27: _Spreading the Chevy...
- 12/20/17--08:45: _Another solar-charg...
- 01/07/18--18:11: _Three new Chevy Bol...
- 01/20/18--16:31: _Same old tired, and...
- 02/06/18--14:17: _Report: Fossil fuel...
- 02/17/18--13:18: _Number of solar-cha...
- 02/23/18--14:04: _Affordable home sol...
- 02/28/18--20:56: _How many solar pane...
- 03/16/18--11:57: _This red Tesla S zo...
- 03/18/18--16:53: _Sono Sion a cool li...
- 03/25/18--17:10: _New residential sol...
- 04/06/18--19:35: _This PowerPoint foc...
- 04/13/18--11:51: _Solar catamaran boa...
- 04/21/18--11:52: _This electric car D...
- 05/08/18--15:38: _Solar + electric ca...
- 08/27/17--20:27: Does Powerwall + solar + EV charger make sense?
- 10/29/17--21:08: Check out Tesla’s solar-charged car dream set-up
- 11/03/17--11:23: Custom plates, bumper sticker for Chevy Bolt
- 11/21/17--13:09: Colorado Buddhists like Bolt
- 12/11/17--13:27: Spreading the Chevy Bolt and the electric car ‘gospel’
- 12/20/17--08:45: Another solar-charged electric car goes online in Parker, Colo.
- 02/17/18--13:18: Number of solar-charged electric vehicles continues to rise
- 02/23/18--14:04: Affordable home solar canopy now available online
- 02/28/18--20:56: How many solar panels does it take to charge an electric car?
- 03/16/18--11:57: This red Tesla S zooming around Colorado while driving on sunshine
- 03/18/18--16:53: Sono Sion a cool little solar-charged and solar-powered electric car
- 04/13/18--11:51: Solar catamaran boat showcased in new video
- 04/21/18--11:52: This electric car Drives on Sunshine
- 05/08/18--15:38: Solar + electric car vanity plates advertise Driving on Sunshine
I’ve been living for about a month in a co-housing condo community called Highline Crossing Cohousing in Littleton, Colo. I really like it here — I’ve met lots of friendly people, gone to several events, played ping pong with my kids in the community center, even helped out on a quarterly clean-up day Saturday. It’s […]
As I’ve noted in a couple of previous blog entries, I just bought townhome in an HOA in Littleton, Colo. and have a two-car garage that is not attached to my townhome or to any other buildings for that matter + the HOA owns the roof of my garage (and the roof of my townhome). […]
The promotional video below, produced by Miysis Studio 3D, pretty much puts forward the dream house I’d like to have: Tesla solar roof shingles, Tesla Powerwalls and Tesla Model 3 and Model X. Collectively, they’re kicking the monopolistic utility, gas, air pollution, and Big Oil all to the curb. Bet you’d love to have this set-up, […]
In late September, I leased a 2017 Chevy Bolt to replace my 2014 Nissan LEAF, which I had leased for three and a half years. That was seven weeks ago. It took me until early November to get my old LEAF plates — and a SolarChargedDriving.Com bumper sticker — onto my red Bolt. It feels […]
In the two months I’ve been driving my newly leased Chevy Bolt around the Denver area (my Bolt replaced a 2014 Nissan LEAF I had leased for three and a half years), I’ve seen three other Bolts — not very many. But I found a second Bolt right next to me in Estes Park, Colo. […]
It’s fun being an earlier adopter of electric cars. I’m not as early an adopter as some electric car enthusiasts, but, having driven an all-electric car for almost four years now, I’m definitely mostly at the forefront off the EV revolution. That means I get to spread the word about how clean, green, quiet, quick, […]
So, I have a friend from my Unitarian Universalist church who I managed to persuade to buy a Chevy Bolt, Deena R. Deena is a longtime environmental activist and has had a 5. 5 kW solar system on her family house’s roof for about a year. She is one of many, many, many people who […]
So, about four months ago I turned in a 2014 Nissan LEAF I had been leasing for three and a half years and started a new three-year lease on a Chevy Bolt. It’s been a great decision for me, especially since I am in a post-divorce, one-car household.
So, it's 2018, and Wired, a supposedly "progressive" media outlet with supposed expertise in new technologies just published an anti-electric car article with a telling headline, 'The potential pitfalls of electric cars, in 5 charts,' that, surprise, surprise -- NOT!, recirculates the same old arguments about electric cars allegedly being "just as dirty" as gasoline cars.
I was just surfing and Googling around on the topic of solar-charged driving, EV + PV, etc. when I came across a very interesting article summarizing a report co-authored by the Grantham Institute at Imperial College London and the Carbon Tracker Initiative.
Quite frequently someone will post to a Chevy Bolt Owner's Group on Facebook that they are solar-charging their Bolt. The picture above is an example of exactly that: Sean Palmer, a Bolt driver, showing that he's driving his EV on renewable energy. In the comment stream below the post, you can see many other people with Bolts/EVs noting that they also use solar to partially/fully charge their Bolt and/or other EV(s).
There's a new option for those seeking to solar-charge their electric cars: You can order a solar canopy online. Renewz, a solar-technology startup company, recently made its iSun solar canopy the "Oasis," available for online order.
You actually don't need that many solar panels on your home, garage etc. to produce enough electricity to fuel your electric car 100 percent with solar.
So, I am working toward hopefully getting solar up in the cohousing community that I moved into just six months ago, Highline Crossing Cohousing.
If I succeed (cross your fingers!) it would be the second place I would have brought solar to, with the first being my old house at 4000 S. Atchison Way, Aurora, Colo. where I had a 5.5 kW solar system installed, and which ultimately produced more electricity than I/we ever used, even with an electric car (a 2014 Nissan LEAF). GoogleMap the address in the previous sentence, and you will see the solar system on the roof of that house, which divorce forced me to sell in November 2015.
I was looking through Twitter under the hash tag #DrivingOnSunshine when I came across this (above) very cool video about a European trip the Sono Sion, an electric car that can charge itself with solar panels, posted by Thomas J. Thias, an electric vehicle + solar advocate I follow on Twitter.
Check it out!
MONTREAL – Renewz Inc., based in Montreal, Canada, partnered recently with SmartReno, a Canadian company that provides homeowners with a trusted network of able and reviewed contractors, for its unique iSun Oasis solar power shading systems/solar EV charging carport, one of which was on display last week at the National Home Show, at Toronto’s Enercare […]
Solar charged-driving from Christof Demont-Heinrich I put together a PowerPoint on solar-charged driving to present at my Unitarian Universalist Church on April 15, 2018. Enjoy 🙂
Soel Yachts, a company that designed the SoelCat 12, a solar-charged and solar-powered boat that runs 100 percent on sunshine generated electricity when traveling at speeds of six knots or below, recently released a YouTube video that highlights the unique solar-charged catamaran zooming around a beautiful tropical island.
I have a friend from my Unitarian Universalist church who I managed to persuade to buy a Chevy Bolt and who also has solar on her home, Deena R.
Deena is a longtime environmental activist and has had a 5. 5 kW solar system on her family house’s roof for about a year. She is one of many, many, many people who have plugged into solar-charged driving since I started SolarChargedDriving.Com in September of 2009.
I’ve got a vanity plate that advertises solar + electric vehicle synergy on my 2017 Chevy Bolt, SOLPWRD. I thought it would be interesting to see what kinds of other vanity plates are out there for electric cars that also Drive on Sunshine and amass Sun Miles® on a regular basis. Check some of them out in the slideshow below :-)